Live in Holland...the People (2)
I notice that...Dutch may have good sense of humours, more relaxed and easy going, quite open to diversities and friendly compared to the Germans, French, Luxembourgish and others that I know. But one thing that is missing....charms. For almost 4 years living here, interact with people, I begin to realize that charming Dutch is very rare. Some Dutch men I have seen do have physical attractions (good looking, good figures, manners, well spoken) but somehow no one ever really...ehm...you know...turned me on (the guys). I have been looking for something everytime I make contacts with these people but somehow...yea, some really confident ones just make me sick instead of earning my full attention.
One more thing...I personally think the Dutch have kind of weird sense of fashion if not poor. They like bright eye catching colors, orange especially (what else, thats their national color). Sometimes they even team orange top with bright lime green pants walking in their red puma shoes. The guys always appear like they have poured the whole jar of hair gel onto their spiky hair. The guys dress up in crop pants and tight fitted tops. The girls, lashes (fake lashes sometimes) covered in thick mascara, big hoop earrings, puma handbags and ciggies between their fingers. I know I may sound a bit too stereotyping here. Of course not all Dutch dress up like those I mentioned but almost all do hahaha....
That is why I fancied a guy, my class mate in the second year, he wasn't a goodlookin type, but I liked the way he dressed. It was like casual urban american style, nothing fancy just cool and casual.
First, I was kinda shocked to see that everyone smokes here. I mean EVERYONE. Girls, boys, men, women with the age range from 14 to 86. WOW!!! I don't have anything againts smokers, it's just that I can't really stand on smokes that is why sometimes I don't feel like going to pubs or cafes or anything, the smokes are thick in those places.
Ciggies, surely won't be complete without.....yep...coffee. If you are a coffee freak, you might be falling in love with Holland. People live out of coffees. Name it, black coffee, cappuccino, espresso, cafe au lait, koffie met melk, wiener melange, cafe au chocolat, and you got it. I do drink coffee occasionally but I don't really go for black coffee nor espresso. I prefer something light. These Dutchies probably have coffee and ciggie break every 20-30 minutes during their working hours. Even if they work in a public services such as transportation, telecommunication institutions which have tens of people lining up to be served, they would prefer leaving all the customers behind to missing their coffee breaks.
That is another thing I have learnt here. Costumers aren't really kings, no matter how much and how often you upset them, they will still be back to you cause they need you. Unlike in States, you cannot say the phrase "I'll see you in court" so often here.
Well, the Dutch, as I said before, is unique and interesting to be observed. I have some sweet memories and some painful as well but still...precious.
And...I got one more name to mention. Rebecca Loos.....shocked the world with the steamy affair with Becks....and she's.....half Dutch.
One more thing...I personally think the Dutch have kind of weird sense of fashion if not poor. They like bright eye catching colors, orange especially (what else, thats their national color). Sometimes they even team orange top with bright lime green pants walking in their red puma shoes. The guys always appear like they have poured the whole jar of hair gel onto their spiky hair. The guys dress up in crop pants and tight fitted tops. The girls, lashes (fake lashes sometimes) covered in thick mascara, big hoop earrings, puma handbags and ciggies between their fingers. I know I may sound a bit too stereotyping here. Of course not all Dutch dress up like those I mentioned but almost all do hahaha....
That is why I fancied a guy, my class mate in the second year, he wasn't a goodlookin type, but I liked the way he dressed. It was like casual urban american style, nothing fancy just cool and casual.
First, I was kinda shocked to see that everyone smokes here. I mean EVERYONE. Girls, boys, men, women with the age range from 14 to 86. WOW!!! I don't have anything againts smokers, it's just that I can't really stand on smokes that is why sometimes I don't feel like going to pubs or cafes or anything, the smokes are thick in those places.
Ciggies, surely won't be complete without.....yep...coffee. If you are a coffee freak, you might be falling in love with Holland. People live out of coffees. Name it, black coffee, cappuccino, espresso, cafe au lait, koffie met melk, wiener melange, cafe au chocolat, and you got it. I do drink coffee occasionally but I don't really go for black coffee nor espresso. I prefer something light. These Dutchies probably have coffee and ciggie break every 20-30 minutes during their working hours. Even if they work in a public services such as transportation, telecommunication institutions which have tens of people lining up to be served, they would prefer leaving all the customers behind to missing their coffee breaks.
That is another thing I have learnt here. Costumers aren't really kings, no matter how much and how often you upset them, they will still be back to you cause they need you. Unlike in States, you cannot say the phrase "I'll see you in court" so often here.
Well, the Dutch, as I said before, is unique and interesting to be observed. I have some sweet memories and some painful as well but still...precious.
And...I got one more name to mention. Rebecca Loos.....shocked the world with the steamy affair with Becks....and she's.....half Dutch.

2 Comments:
ah come on, i didn't mean to sound like anti-Dutch. They are OK, they make me laugh.
By
Patty, at 11:57 PM
hahaha...
By
coolz, at 4:52 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home