Second Home
Reading my friend's thoughts about leaving Surabaya, which has been her only hometown for the last 23 years of her life, brought me back old memories when I was about to leave Surabaya 3,5 years ago.
I remember how I became so mellow to every little thing that happened to me. Crying silently in my room at nights, and suddenly how I realized that I did not really want things to change. But on the other hand, I knew I needed to experience something new.
And here I am now, in Haarlem, my beloved second home. Surrounded by new friends and my 'second family'. But I know this will not last forever either. I will never know where the flow will take me to but I know soon I will be crying silently in my room at nights and hoping that things will still remain the same like I have had for the past 3 years here.
Life goes on and I will be leaving pieces of my heart on the places that have been taking parts in my journey of life.
I remember how I became so mellow to every little thing that happened to me. Crying silently in my room at nights, and suddenly how I realized that I did not really want things to change. But on the other hand, I knew I needed to experience something new.
And here I am now, in Haarlem, my beloved second home. Surrounded by new friends and my 'second family'. But I know this will not last forever either. I will never know where the flow will take me to but I know soon I will be crying silently in my room at nights and hoping that things will still remain the same like I have had for the past 3 years here.
Life goes on and I will be leaving pieces of my heart on the places that have been taking parts in my journey of life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home