Inside My Head

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I am not Great, I am Greatly Blessed

Right…how long has it been since my last post? 2 months? wow..Time flies. Things have happened for the last two months. Most of them turned out like no way I expected them to be.

So I went home to my family, ate this and that, been here and there, then I was flipping through the pages of a local newspaper one Saturday morning and decided to try my luck after I was fed up being a useless unemployed girl. Things happened really fast. I got called out for an interview one day, and the next thing I know..I have become a little less useless hahaha.

I never ever thought this would happen, working in a hotel. I mean, I didn’t even go to hotel school. I was not even good at the major I took back in college. It affects me when I am in the office though, like 90% of the time I feel like a total moron cause I don’t understand any single thing that’s going on in the hotel. But what Im gonna do is taking my time and try to survive which I believe I will;)

So I started to have my life sorted out slowly. I finished school (finally after 5 long years), I got myself a decent job in a decent company with a decent salary, my relationship with my family has never been better than now. It’s a good start. I do miss Holland every now and then and sometimes im dying to know whats happening there in Haarlem with all the people I love and used to share my daily life with. But I guess distance really ruins everything.

Being here isn’t so bad after all. I live comfortably, I have everything I need prepared by pembantu. The things that haunted me the most about the idea of going back to Indo were not all true. Of course I want a wealthier life than this. My earning here is just only one third I used to get in NL but it wont be stuck like this forever.

I make friends with new people even though it is always be my problem to get close to people no matter how hard Im trying to be accepted by others. I really miss Pita, Rio, Meity and Lisa so badly. I am longing to be surrounded with friends that have been a part of my life for the past 5 years. I am longing for a relationship with someone, to be honest. Its probably my clock is ticking but I do think that I deserve having someone too. I am not going to set up any goal about who, when or where, but in the end, its always been my wish that everything I have done will bring me a great result in my life. Just another step to make my life complete, a message to my someone out there.

For the rest, all I do is counting my lucky stars each nite for all the great things that have happened in my life and for many many great things that are yet to come. Cheers, to Europe, my family, Haarlem, Shangri la, friends and the guys I love. I am nothing without them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home